Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Enough

But life to me is not a thing to waste words on, provided that when I finish my race I have carried out the mission the Lord Jesus gave me – and that was to bear witness to the Good News of God’s grace.
Acts 20:24

Paul is speaking to the Ephesian Church, explaining how he is compelled by the Spirit to return to Jerusalem and face certain persecution. He confirms he has told them everything they need to know of God's grace through Jesus. His work with them is finished.

Every project reaches a time when you know it is finished, that it's time to move on. A have a short story I am entering into a competition. I've been tinkering with it for a number of weeks. It's time to finish, to send it off and move on.

To know that I've done my best, that I've run the race, is to know satisfaction and to have a peace. Knowing when to stop is a sign of wisdom.

Lord, you know how I continue to tinker when I should be moving on. Give me wisdom to know when to say, "enough".
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: