Thursday, May 17, 2018

Be One

May they all be one. Father, may they be one in us, as you are in me and I am in you, so that the world may believe it was you who sent me.
Jn.17:21

Jesus is at the Last Supper. Having just washed the disciples feet, he now prays for them, especially for their unity. It is their unity that is going to bear witness to him once he has left them.

Unity attracts, disunity repels. In the first reading from Acts we see how the disunity of the Sadducees and the Pharisees stops their planned persecution of Paul. Jesus prays for unity among the Apostles so the world may believe.

Working for unity means promoting love and peace. When I display these virtues I become an authentic witness, today.

Lord Jesus, help me to seek common ground rather than judge, so unity may bear witness to your glory.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: