Saturday, April 21, 2018

To Whom else can We Turn

Then Jesus said to the Twelve, ‘What about you, do you want to go away too?’ Simon Peter answered, ‘Lord, who shall we go to? You have the message of eternal life, and we believe; we know that you are the Holy One of God.’
Jn.6:67-69

A number of disciples have left Jesus, finding his teaching on his flesh and blood too hard to accept. Jesus invites his closest friends, the twelve apostles, to do likewise. Peter, already their spokesman, makes his great pronouncement of faith. "Lord, to whom else can we turn. You have the words of everlasting life".

I'm leading Children's Liturgy at Mass tomorrow. For children, nothing in our faith is too hard. Their spirits rise up to the Good News spontaneously. They don't weigh and measure it first. They have the wisdom of the simple that God promises and as a result, they have more joy.

Faith doesn't mean I'm to park my brain in neutral but it does mean accepting the mystery of God. No mystery, no faith. Once I accept God is way larger than my brain can encompass then faith kicks in and joy follows.

Lord Jesus, by faith I accept who you are and what you promise is true. To whom else can I turn? You have the words of everlasting life.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: