Thursday, April 19, 2018

The Wise Seek Council

When Philip ran up, he heard him reading Isaiah the prophet and asked, ‘Do you understand what you are reading?’ ‘How can I’ he replied ‘unless I have someone to guide me?’ So he invited Philip to get in and sit by his side.
Acts8:30,31

Philip is led by the Spirit to run up to the Ethiopian official's chariot and question him regarding the scripture he was reading. The Ethiopian invited him explain what he was reading which led to his accepting the Good News of Jesus and being baptised.

In proverbs we read, the first sign of wisdom is to seek council. The Ethiopian showed his wisdom in realising he needed teaching in order to understand. There is a humility in wisdom. The wise admit they don't know it all.

May I be wise in my day today, seeking those whom the Spirit sends me for instruction.

Lord, Jesus, you know all,  I don't. Grant me the humility of wisdom to seek council.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: