Thursday, April 12, 2018

Life or Death

Anyone who believes in the Son has eternal life, but anyone who refuses to believe in the Son will never see life: the anger of God stays on him.
Jn.3:36

John the Baptist has just affirmed to his questioning disciples Jesus' superiority. "He must become greater; I must become less". He then prophecies what belief and nonbelief in Jesus gives... life or death.

This highlights the urgency of spreading the Good News. It's not just a nice thing to accept, it's a matter of life and death! Do I have this sense of urgency when I look at, say, my colleagues at work? If judgement day were today, some would live, a lot would die.

Lord Jesus, it's hard to spread the Good News of your death and resurrection. Give me inspiration to seize those moments when I can talk about you and be an authentic witness.
Little Flower, please pray for me.



No comments: