Monday, January 8, 2018

While He is Near

Seek the Lord while he is still to be found, call to him while he is still near.
Is.55:6

The prophet Isaiah gives an invitation to all who are hungry and thirsty in the spirit to seek and call out to God while there is time.

The inference here is that the Lord will not always be able to be found, will not always be near. We live in a graced age when the doorway to God is open. It will not always be so.

It’s easy for me to take my salvation for granted, to assume I can always turn back if I happen to wander. I’m too casual with God. Seeking and calling need to be part of my every day, while he is still near.

Lord Jesus, I often take you for granted, assume your mercy will always be within easy grasp. Forgive me Lord. I want to press closer into you.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: