Friday, January 26, 2018

Share the Gift

That is why I am reminding you now to fan into a flame the gift that God gave you when I laid my hands on you. God’s gift was not a spirit of timidity, but the Spirit of power, and love, and self-control.
2Tim.1:6,7

Saint Paul is writing to Timothy to encourage him in his mission. Paul reminds Timothy where his faith has come from (his grandmother and mother) and what it has given him (power, love and a sound mind).

It is good to remember where my faith has come from and what it has given me. So many people have been part of my conversion story and I owe them a great debt. My faith has given me foremost, joy, hope, peace and love. The power and self control of Timothy are mine as well.

I have received a great gift. It is not for me alone but to share, today...

Lord Jesus, you have given me a great gift of faith. Help me share its fruits with those I meet today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.


No comments: