Thursday, January 11, 2018

Of Course He Wants to

A leper came to Jesus and pleaded on his knees: ‘If you want to’ he said ‘you can cure me.’ Feeling sorry for him, Jesus stretched out his hand and touched him. ‘Of course I want to!’ he said. ‘Be cured!’ And the leprosy left him at once and he was cured.
Mk.1:40-42

Jesus is touched with compassion for the begging leper, an extreme outcast. Jesus breaks all the taboos of the day and touches the leper and heals him.

I love this story. It says so much about Jesus’attitude to me, a sick beggar when compared to his holiness. “Of course I want to lift you up, free you, heal you Mike” he says to me. A good attitude for me to approach Jesus is shown by the leper... on my knees.

Lord Jesus, touch me with your healing touch this day. Lift me up so I may glorify you.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: