Tuesday, January 16, 2018

I am Siezed

At this, Samuel took the horn of oil and anointed him where he stood with his brothers; and the spirit of the Lord seized on David and stayed with him from that day on.
1 Sam.16:13

Samuel has been shown by God which among Jessies sons is to be anointed the new king. The least likely because of his youth, David is set apart, consecrated by his annointing and the Holy Spirit seizes apron him for the rest of his life.

There is something almost violent in the word "sieze". It infers a firm and relentless grip. I would agree with this use of the word. Once the Holy Spirit released his power in my life I became firmly in his grip. Despite my failings and fallings, like David, the Holy Spirit has laid claim on me and remains.

It's good to reminded that this steadfast friend is still present and active in my life. Today I live with the sure knowledge that I am firmly in the grip of the Holy Spirit of God.

Thank you Holy Spirit of God for your resolute hold on my life. I recommit myself to your influence today. Veni Sancte Spiritus.
Little Flower please pray for me.

No comments: