Saturday, January 6, 2018

Believe

I have written all this to you so that you who believe in the name of the Son of God may be sure that you have eternal life.
1Jn.5:13

John is writing to the early Church reiterating who Jesus is and what belief in him gains, eternal life.

Here in one verse is what gives me the greatest joy and hope in being a believer in Jesus Christ. Eternal  life! What a promise. And this is what drives me to be a witness and encourager for others to believe, especially my loved ones.

I'm reminded again of the inexpressible joy I was given when my mother said "I believe" on her death bed. I know we will meet again. This is a promise.

Today I live as a believer and an authentic witness as one who has the joy and promise of eternal life.

Thank you Jesus for the wonderful gift of faith in you and the promise this faith gives me, eternal life with you.
Little Flower, please pray for me.



No comments: