Thursday, December 7, 2017

Founded on Rock

Rain came down, floods rose, gales blew and hurled themselves against that house, and it did not fall: it was founded on rock.
Mt. 7:25

Jesus is tells the parable of the wise and foolish builders to highlight the difference between those who just listen to his words  and those who act. The time of test for both is not if but when the storms come.

We live in a fallen world where storms happen. When I read the Genesis account of the Garden of Eden before the fall of Adam, I picture a place of beauty and peace and life. No death, no disease, no tears. This is where I’m being called back to. It’s home.

Meanwhile, I’m living where death, disease and tears are part of daily existence. Acting on the Word of God, building on the rock is how I’m to live a life of hope and joy in the midst of this terror. I life so lived is a beacon to others to draw us all back home.

Lord Jesus. Sometimes your word takes me out of my comfort zone. Give me courage to act on your word . Help me build my house on the rock.
Little Flower, please pray for me. 

No comments: