Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Entertaining Angels

Zechariah said to the angel, ‘How can I be sure of this? I am an old man and my wife is getting on in years.’ The angel replied, ‘I am Gabriel who stand in God’s presence, and I have been sent to speak to you and bring you this good news.
Lk.18:19

Zechariah is met by an angel in the temple and given a message. He and his wife Elizabeth are to have a son in their old years and he will be a great prophet. Zechariah’s incredulity on what he hears results in him being struck dumb.

Angels are messengers from God. Samson’s mother is met by an angel who foretells of his birth in today’s first reading. Mary is about to be met by an angel when the conception of Jesus is announced.

Angels exist. I pray to my guardian angel each time I cycle to work. There could be times when I am met by an angle but don’t recognise him or her. Today is a good day to be on the look out....

Thank you Father in heaven that you are concerned with the affairs of man. Help me recognise the messengers you place in my day today.
Little Flower, please pray for me. 

No comments: