Tuesday, December 12, 2017

A Shepherd’s Heart

And if he finds it, truly I tell you, he is happier about that one sheep than about the ninety-nine that did not wander off.
Mt.18:13

Jesus has just told the parable of the wandering sheep to illustrate God’s special attention and love for those who have wandered from him.

This parable has special meaning for me as I have been that wandering sheep. I guess it is also a reminder for me to stop judging the wanderers and show more compassion and effort to bring them back.

In a sense , every non-believer is a wandering sheep. All are born with a God space that is either nurtured by their upbringing or starved. The starved simply wander off looking for what appears as green grass elsewhere.

My immediate flock is my family. It is here that my shepherding is most required. If each man looked after his own little flock, then the whole farm would be a place of peace and nurture. Let my shepherding begin today...

Jesus, thank you for searching me out and bringing me back home. Give me a shepherds heart for those yo7 place before me today.
Little Flower please pray for me.

No comments: