Thursday, October 5, 2017

The Joy of the Lord

Do not be sad: the joy of the Lord is your strength.... And all the people went off to eat and drink and give shares away and begin to enjoy themselves since they had understood the meaning of what had been proclaimed to them.
Neh.8:10,12

The temple has been restored and the walls of Jerusalem rebuilt. Then God’s Word is read to a people who had forgotten it but who received it into their hearts with tears of repentance.  The result? Unbridled joy. A joy so great that it is a strength.

God’s Word heard and understood gives great joy. The Book of Nehemiah is two and a half thousand years old, yet reading it this morning has given me joy.

This joy is contagious. It is the best witness I can give to God today.

Lord Jesus. Thank you for your Word that has given me a joy that is my strength for today. Help me pass on that joy to those you place in my path today.
Saint Thomas Moore, please pray for me.

No comments: