Friday, August 4, 2017

Complacency

Jesus said to them, ‘A prophet is only despised in his own country and in his own house’, and he did not work many miracles there because of their lack of faith.
Mt.13:58

Jesus is teaching and ministering in his home town. The people question his authority, seeing Jesus only as "the carpenter's son".

Familiarity breeds contempt. This saying probably comes from this event the the Bible. It can be applied to the miracle of the Eucharist that occurs at every Mass. I've heard a Protestant say if he really believed Jesus was present in the Eucharist he would crawl over broken glass to receive him.

It would be good to get to Mass today.

Lord Jesus, forgive my complacency. I do believe. Help me in my unbelief.
Little Flower please pray for me.


No comments: