Saturday, August 5, 2017

Be There

John’s disciples came and took the body and buried it; then they went off to tell Jesus.
Mt.14:12

Herod has just had John the Baptist beheaded, resulting from the vengeful plotting of his wife. John's disciples bury their teacher and then immediately go tell Jesus what has taken place.

When a beloved dies, what can you do? I'm impressed by the actions of John's followers. They show their love for John by burying him. Then, they show their distress at his cruel death by seeking Jesus and pouring out their hearts. These are very human reactions and Jesus meets them in amongst it all.

When, not if, crises happen, my best response is to "go tell Jesus". He will meet me in the midst of my mess. His love will minister to me.

Perhaps I can be Jesus to someone in a mess today...

Thanks you Jesus that you are always, always, always there for me. Help me be there for those you place in my path today.
Little Flower please pray for me.



No comments: