Saturday, July 22, 2017

He is Alive!

I found him whom my heart loves.
Song of Songs 3:4


Feast of Saint Mary Magdalen

The anguished yearning of the the seeker in the Song of Songs is consummated when she finds him whom her heart loves.

This seeking of a lover for her beloved beautifully represents Mary Magdalen outside the tomb. Finding the tomb of Jesus empty, she is distraught until she meets and recognises him as risen from the dead. She had followed his brutal killing. She knew he had truly died. Now she knew he had truly risen.

Then, as it is with great joy, she had to share the good news with the disciples. She could not contain it.

Joy is contagious. That is its great power. I contain the same good news that Mary had . "Jesus is alive!". I can spread that Good News with those I meet today. How? By being joyful. I have the best of reasons to be so.

Lord  Jesus. You died. You rose. You will come again. Alleluia!
Saint Mary Magdalen, please pray for me. 

No comments: