Monday, June 19, 2017

Radical Day

We beg you once again not to neglect the grace of God that you have received. For he says: At the favourable time, I have listened to you; on the day of salvation I came to your help. Well, now is the favourable time; this is the day of salvation.
2Cor.6:1,2

Paul is pleading with the Corinthian Church to live a radical life of holy example, using his own life as a template. And this radical life is not something to be attained in the future, it is to be lived today.

The different drum we are to march to is exemplified by Jesus in today's gospel; walk the extra mile, turn the other cheek, give the extra cloak.  There's something liberating in this generosity. It shows our hearts are fixed on other things, spiritual things.

There is a joy in this sort of detachment, a joy obtainable today, the day of salvation.

Lord Jesus, you call me "further up and further in" to this radical life. Help me let go and be generous with those I meet today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.



No comments: