Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Son of Encouragement

He (Barnabas) urged them all to remain faithful to the Lord with heartfelt devotion; for he was a good man, filled with the Holy Spirit and with faith.
Acts.11:24

Barnabas is sent to Antioch to check out the news that a church was growing from Greek converts. He instantly recognised God's hand in what was happening and encouraged the church to continue its grace-filled work.

Barnabas the encourager continues his particular ministry. Of him the Bible records he was a powerful preacher, an encourager, a good man filled with the Holy Spirit and with faith.

He sounds like the sort of man I would enjoy hanging around. He sounds like the sort of man I wish I was... today.

Holy Spirit of God. Fill me that I may be an encourager to those I meet today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: