Tuesday, May 23, 2017

My Household

‘Sirs, what must I do to be saved?’ They told him, ‘Become a believer in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, and your household too.’ Acts.16:30,31

Paul and Silas have miraculously been freed by an earthquake from their prison shackles. They stopped the gaoler from killing himself, telling him they haven't run off. The gaoler, recognising the hand of God is over Paul and Silas, becomes a believer, saving not only himself but his entire household.

Jesus works in households, in families. It is well proven that if a mother and father actively practice their faith their children will grow up doing likewise. This is both a wonderful blessing and a fearful responsibility. Fearful as we are talking about eternal salvation of our children and children's children.

I must be authentic and demonstrative in my Catholic faith. In this season of Eastertide this is made easier. How? Easter joy! There's something incredibly attractive about people filled with joy, especially joyful parents to their children

Holy Spirit, fill me with Easter joy today that I may be an authentic witness to my household.
Little Flower, please pray for me.



No comments: