Saturday, May 13, 2017

Joy and the Holy Spirit

So they shook the dust from their feet in defiance and went off to Iconium; but the disciples were filled with joy and the Holy Spirit.
Acts 13:52

Paul and Barnabas are on their mission trip, preaching to the Jews. Their message is rejected by the Jewish leaders so they turn their attention to the pagans of the town where their message is joyously received.

Nothing has changed. The message gets preached. By some it is rejected, by others it is received with great joy. Where the Good News is accepted the Holy Spirit arrives with great power, changing lives.

We are currently involved in a Life in the Spirit Seminar. The message is being preached. Some are skeptical while others are rising up and asking for more.  I guess, like Paul and Barnabas, we continue preaching the truth of the Good News irrespective of the reaction of the listeners, praying for them all the while.

My "preaching", to be authentic, must be reflected in my daily life, starting with my family. Today...

Come Holy Spirit. I can't do this without you. Fill me afresh this day that I may be a witness to you, the Father and the Son.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: