Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Divine and de Branch

It is to the glory of my Father that you should bear much fruit, and then you will be my disciples.
Jn.15:8

Jesus is explaining the relationship between himself and his disciples using the analogy of vine and branches. Branches bear fruit when they are connected to the vine and are pruned.

There's a great line from the Steve Green 70's classic, "He'll take care of the rest" that goes;

"Remember, He is divine and you are de branch"

Staying connected to Jesus is a daily decision for a disciple. Daily prayer time helps. The point of discipleship is to bear fruit, says Jesus. And the point of bearing fruit is to glorify the Father.

So here goes. Another day in the vineyard bearing fruit for the glory.

Lord Jesus, I reconnect to you this morning. May I bear fruit to glorify the Father today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: