Saturday, April 22, 2017

Less Fear More Boldness

The rulers, elders and scribes were astonished at the assurance shown by Peter and John, considering they were uneducated laymen;
Acts:4:13

The Jewish leaders are astounded at the boldness of Peter and John whom they had arrested for healing a cripple in the name of Jesus. The transformation of Peter and John from ignorant nobodies to proclaiming somebodies was undeniable and astonishing.

There is creative, fearless genius in everyone, just waiting to be released, waiting for the right conditions. For Peter and John the right condition was being filled with the Holy Spirit before the Sanhedrin. There result? The name of Jesus was lifted up and glorified.

There are times when I make myself cringe and then times when I astound myself at my boldness, wondering where what I have said has come from. Today, for me, let there be less cringe and more boldness, that the name of Jesus may be lifted up.

Lord Jesus, fill me with your spirit of boldness that I may glorify your name.
Little Flower, please pray for me.





No comments: