Friday, April 21, 2017

Filled with Holy Spirit

Then Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, addressed them, ‘Rulers of the people, and elders! If you are questioning us today about an act of kindness to a cripple, and asking us how he was healed, then I am glad to tell you all...
Acts:4.8-10

Following the miraculous healing of a cripple at the Temple, Peter and John are brought before the Sanhedrin and interigated. Peter, filled with the Holy Spirit, boldly proclaims the risen Jesus as not only the saviour of the cripple but of all mankind.

Peter the former sand-pile displays again how he has now become the rock. He is now the embodiment of the new name Jesus had given him. The reason for the the conversion? The Holy Spirit. The risen Jesus had breathed on the Apostles and given them the Holy Spirit. Now the power of the Holy Spirit is released and at work. And the Holy Spirit's work? To proclaim the name of Jesus...

I have been given the Holy Spirit, been "breathed on by Jesus", at my Confirmation. Now is the time for that power to be released.

Come Holy Spirit, fall afresh on me.
Fill me with your power, satisfy my need.
Only you can make me whole,
Give me strength and make me grow.
Come Holy Spirit, fall afresh on me.

Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: