Tuesday, February 21, 2017

Little is Big

He then took a little child, set him in front of them, put his arms round him, and said to them, ‘Anyone who welcomes one of these little children in my name, welcomes me; and anyone who welcomes me welcomes not me but the one who sent me.’
Mk.9:36,37

Jesus is confronting the disciples who have been arguing among themselves about which of them is the greatest. He places a child in front of them to pull their attention away from what is great in the world's eyes to what is great in God's kingdom.

Small, vulnerable, powerless, innocent, guileless... these are words that could be used to describe children. It is such as these that Jesus says he is associated. Welcome children and you welcome God.

I am leading Children's Liturgy this Sunday. As I sit down on the floor with them I will be sitting down with God. What a joy. What a privilege.

Lord Jesus. Help me see you in the small and vulnerable today.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: