Thursday, February 23, 2017

Cup of Cold Water

Jesus said to his disciples, ‘If anyone gives you a cup of water to drink just because you belong to Christ, then I tell you solemnly, he will most certainly not lose his reward.
Mk.9:41

Jesus is teaching his disciples principals of the law of the harvest. Do good and you will receive your reward. Do evil and hell awaits.

I remember visiting a priest and giving him news of his old house keeper's death. His immediate response was, " If anyone gives a glass of cold water... She will not loose her reward". Apparently this unassuming old lady in our parish was a saint to the priests she served.

A cup of cold water can go a long way. Serving with humility doesn't get much press on earth, but in heaven it is noted and recorded. Who can I give a cup of water to today...

Lord Jesus, you are the Servant King. Help me recognise those in need today and show me best how to serve them.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: