Saturday, January 7, 2017

Water into Wine

The steward tasted the water, and it had turned into wine.
Jn.2:9

At Mary his mother's bidding, Jesus performs his first public miracle and so launches his mission, letting his glory be seen, and his disciples believed in him.

I love that Jesus chose a wedding to let his glory first be reveled. I have three daughters and a son who are married. I have watched as the water of ordinary lives are transformed into a sacramental couple, a sign of Christ among us, the very best of wine.  Jesus is in the business of transforming the ordinary into extraordinary.

Oh,, again this is good news for ordinary me. My ordinariness is no limitation to Jesus' transforming power. My water can become the very best of wine.

Jesus, you turned the water into wine. Transform me so that your glory may be revealed and the world may believe in you.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: