Thursday, January 26, 2017

Generous

The amount you measure out is the amount you will be given – and more besides; for the man who has will be given more; from the man who has not, even what he has will be taken away.
Mk.4:24,25

Jesus is teaching beside the lake to a great crowd using parables and straight out instruction. Here he encourages generosity.

I'm married to a generous wife. She is able to stuff $20.00 notes into letterboxes in a carefree way that that I'm unable to do. If I had to characterise her whole family it would be with the word 'generous'.

Generosity is such an attractive attribute. Generous people are fun to be around. They exemplify a true Christian spirit. Today I want to be perceived as a man with an open hand...

Lord Jesus, you gave away everything so that I may have everything. Help me gain a natural spirit of generosity so I may be an authentic witness for you.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: