Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Faithful in the Small

“Sir, your one pound has brought in ten.” “Well done, my good servant!” he replied “Since you have proved yourself faithful in a very small thing, you shall have the government of ten cities.”
Lk.19:16,17

Jesus is approaching Jerusalem with a large crowd following. He tells the parable of the talents. The parable demonstrates accountability at the end of time.

Faithfulness is a virtue that affects all areas of life, large and small. I remember the photo of president Richard Nixon, just after his impeachment, with the caption underneath, "Would you buy a used car off this man?".  Small thing, large thing.

How am I with the small things? The small things done out of general view often give a clearer indication of my state of faithfulness. Practicing faithfulness in small things establishes habits that will naturally flow over into the large things. Today I choose to be faithful in the small things.

Lord Jesus, your faithfulness is all-pervasive. Help me become a "good servant" by my faithfulness in all things.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: