Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Advent Joy

“Blessed are the eyes that see what you see. For I tell you that many prophets and kings wanted to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it.”
Lk.10:23,24

The seventy-two have returned from their very first mission trip reporting, “Lord, even the demons submit to us in your name.” Jesus is filled with joy and proclaims a blessing over the disciples.

What did the disciples see? What did they hear that exulted them so highly? They saw and heard Jesus. This is my longing  this Advent, to see and hear Jesus. This is the source of my expectancy, the source of my growing joy. This is for what I'm preparing the way. Today, this Advent joy is mine.

Maranatha! Come Lord Jesus come!
Saint Joseph pray for me.

No comments: