Saturday, June 25, 2016

Say the Word

The centurion replied, ‘Sir, I am not worthy to have you under my roof; just give the word and my servant will be cured.
Mt.8:8

A Roman Centurion pleads with Jesus to heal his servant back at his home. Jesus offers to come but the Centurion, being a man of and under authority himself, asks that Jesus just speak his healing word. The Centurion's act of humility Jesus exalts as a great act of faith.

I repeat the Centurion's words at every Mass, "Lord, I am not worthy to have you under my roof, but just say the word and my soul shall be healed". I emulate the great act of faith that Jesus set as an example. The sickness I am begging Jesus to heal is the inherent sickness of my soul.

This reminds me of the great truth that good people won't get to heaven. Only forgiven people will. I need that constant reminder during Mass that my soul is in need of healing and that Jesus is the only one who can heal and forgive.

Thank you Jesus that your constant offer of forgiveness is forever before me to accept. I am not worthy to have you under my roof, but say the word and my soul shall be healed.
Little Flower, please pray for me.



No comments: