Thursday, March 31, 2016

Peace

They were still talking about all this when Jesus himself stood among them and said to them, ‘Peace be with you!’
Lk.24:36

The two who met Jesus on the road to Emaus have just told of their fantastic encounter to the others when Jesus himself appears among them. His first word is "Shalom", peace be with you.

The very first act of the risen Jesus is to bring his followers peace. His first words each time he appears to them is always "Peace be with you". What a great Easter salutation that pre-empts even the joy of Easter.

Today I can be a man of peace to those I meet, starting with myself.

Lord Jesus, I claim your peace this morning so I may pass it on to a world that is lacking the true peace that only you can give.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: