Friday, January 15, 2016

A True Friend

...they stripped the roof over the place where Jesus was; and when they had made an opening, they lowered the stretcher on which the paralytic lay. Seeing their faith, Jesus said to the paralytic, ‘My child, your sins are forgiven.’
Mk.2:4,5

A huge crowd in and around the house in which Jesus is preaching stops four men caring a paralytic on a stretcher, but not for long. Climbing on to the roof, they tear a hole in it and lower their friend down in front of Jesus. Seeing the faith of the for men, Jesus forgives the man's sins and then heals him of his paralysis.

Jesus is moved by the faith of the four friends, not the faith of the paralytic. Intersession is powerful in moving God's hand. My prayers for family and friends, even for strangers, can release God's healing power in their lives. More importantly, it can lead to their sins being forgiven. The healing of the body is of benefit in this world only. Healing of the soul is for eternity. My true act of friendship is to intercede to God on their behalf.

Lord Jesus, I place down before you my wife and five children. Heal them in body, mind and spirit I pray, that you may be adored and glorified.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: