Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Maranatha!

Gospel Acclamation
Alleluia, alleluia! 
The Lord is coming to save his people: 
happy are those prepared to meet him. 
Alleluia!
Is33:22

Today's Gospel Acclamation taken from the prophet Isaiah has a strong Advent ring to it. The Lord is coming to save. Be prepared. Cry out for joy!

For me, this is the time of year to focus on Mary, riding on a donkey with my Lord and Savior in her womb. She is the model of expectancy, preparedness, building joy.  She is led at walking pace by Joseph, the model of true manhood, protecting, cherishing and providing for his bride. This slow progression through the desert leads inexorably to Bethlehem, to the time and place where Jesus is to be born and God's salvation plan kicks into place.

This is great enough, but as I contemplate, my focus shifts back to today's Acclamation. He is coming again, to save me! Like Mary, inside me builds up an expectancy, preparedness and building joy. Maranatha! Come Lord Jesus come!

Lord Jesus, I so look forward to you coming again. Help me be prepared to meet you on that wonderful day.
Mary, Mother of God, my Mother, please pray for me.



No comments: