Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Do it!

‘I tell you solemnly, tax collectors and prostitutes are making their way into the kingdom of God before you. For John came to you, a pattern of true righteousness, but you did not believe him, and yet the tax collectors and prostitutes did.'
Mt.21:31,32

Jesus has just told the parable of the two sons. One said he would do the right thing but didn't. The other initially rebelled but then thought better of it and carried out his father's wishes. Jesus then equates the first son to the chief priests and elders and the second son to the repentant prostitutes and tax collectors. He highlights the importance of doing over just saying.

This is good news for me. Jesus is telling me my past sins are powerless over my future destination when I do the right thing. And what is the right thing? The role models Jesus holds up are the prostitutes and tax collectors who heard John the Baptist's message and repented. Advent is a good time to repent.  It's time I went to Confession...

Thank you Jesus that you set me free from my past mistakes and draw me further up and further in to my true home, the Kingdom of God with you.
Saint Joseph leading Mary on a donkey, please pray for me.



No comments: