Thursday, December 3, 2015

A Doer of the Word

‘Therefore, everyone who listens to these words of mine and acts on them will be like a sensible man who built his house on rock. Rain came down, floods rose, gales blew and hurled themselves against that house, and it did not fall: it was founded on rock.
Mt.7:24,25

Jesus has just warned about true and false disciples. He then continues with the parable of wise and foolish builders. The true and wise disciple builds on the rock.

It seems everyone builds. We're all about doing something, attaining something, building something. And it also seems we all experience storms in life. No one is exempt from that. The difference is in the foundation. Is it sand or rock?

The foundation test Jesus sets before me is not do I listen to him but do I listen and act? It's in the action that wisdom lies, that the rock can be found. I need to be not just a listening Christian but a doing Christian.

Lord Jesus. It's so easy just to listen to you. To act involves effort and risk. Help me out of my lethargy and become a doer for you.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: