Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Stay Calm

‘Take care not to be deceived,’ he said ‘because many will come using my name and saying, “I am he” and, “The time is near at hand.” Refuse to join them. And when you hear of wars and revolutions, do not be frightened, for this is something that must happen but the end is not so soon.’
 Lk.21:8,


Jesus has just prophesied the destruction of the temple. Understandably, the apostles want to know when is this to happen. Jesus' advice is to stay calm. Yes, the end of time will happen and it will be obvious but we're not to be spooked by it.

 As the end of the Church's year draws near she calls us to focus on that other inevitable end, the end of time.  There's a wisdom in this. When I acknowledge that all of creation is one day going to finish, my own earthly mortality is not such a scary thing. I am reminded that God has this all in hand. He is the Creator so all of creation is under his control, including me. What a relief.


Thank you Father, God of all creation, that you have a plan and that plan includes me. Give me faith Lord to trust in you when calamity seems to have the upper hand. Help me have your eternal vision and stay calm that I may pass on that calm to others.

Little Flower, please pray for me.





















No comments: