Thursday, November 5, 2015

Influence

The life and death of each of us has its influence on others; if we live, we live for the Lord; and if we die, we die for the Lord, so that alive or dead we belong to the Lord.
Rms.14:7

Saint Paul is encouraging the Roman Church to live in harmony and peace with each other, accepting, not judging each others "funny ways". The source of their unity is Jesus. When they are strong on that, all other differences melt away.

I like to remind myself that the parish I belong to is full of odd-balls, which is why I feel so at home there. We are so very different in so many ways but Jesus is the one who calls us together week after week, month after month, year after year. Our unity, and we are a unified parish, is in Jesus.

My living or dieing has its influence on others in my parish, in my family, for better or for worse. When I live for Jesus it follows that I will die for Jesus and then, only then, will my influence be good. I can start living that way today.

Lord Jesus, you have placed me in this time, this place, among this people. Help me influence others for you.
Little Flower, please pray for me.


No comments: