Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Give Thanks

‘Were not all ten made clean? The other nine, where are they? It seems that no one has come back to give praise to God, except this foreigner.’ And he said to the man, ‘Stand up and go on your way. Your faith has saved you.’
Lk.17:17-19

Jesus has just healed ten lepers of their affliction. One, finding himself cured, turns back praising God at the top of his voice and throws himself at Jesus' feet thanking him.

People who have an "attitude of gratitude" are good to hang around.  They have no false pride, they are joyful and they know God for who he really is.

I've just come off a Men Alive weekend retreat. At the end of the two days there was time for men to stand up and give a testimony on what has happened for them over the previous two days. This was a very moving time as man after man came up to the microphone and shared what the goodness of God had just done in their lives. Boy, were they thankful and boy, were they joyful!

I am so blessed by my wife, my children and now my grandchildren. I have health, a job, I live in the most beautiful land on the planet. I have experienced my God alive in my life and I'm free to worship him.  The list goes on and on...  Today I am a man who is thankful to God. Let that be my hallmark.

Lord Jesus, I have been no-less cured than the leper who returned to praise you. Thank you Lord for what have done and are doing in my life. I love you Lord.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: