Wednesday, November 25, 2015

A Guard over my Mouth

Keep this carefully in mind: you are not to prepare your defense, because I myself shall give you an eloquence and a wisdom that none of your opponents will be able to resist or contradict.
Lk.21:14,15

Jesus knows his time of passion is near and is giving final instructions to his disciples. He instructs them not to concern themselves about preparing great arguments in their own defense. Eloquence and wisdom will be given to them from him.

I have a motor-mouth problem. I speak too much and listen too little. It gets me into trouble at times. An avalanche of words is not a sign of eloquence and wisdom. I need to trust that Jesus will give me the words to say and the prompt for when to say them. Until then, I listen...

Set a guard over my mouth, Lord; keep watch over the door of my lips.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: