Saturday, October 24, 2015

No Condemnation

Therefore, there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus, because through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit who gives life has set you free from the law of sin and death.
Rms.8:1,2

Saint Paul writes his marvelous epistle to the Roman Church, including this wonderful chapter describing life through the Spirit of God. There is no condemnation. Why? Because the Spirit has set us free.

I'm currently reading Mere Christianity by C S Lewis. Lewis starts off by proving how all of mankind in every place and every age and every culture acknowledges a "natural law", that sense of knowing there is right and there is wrong. Directly coupled with this is the innate knowledge that we all fail to fulfill that law, that we fail to constantly meet its conditions. Here, Saint Paul describes the way out from under that condemnation.

Yes I fail, or the Christian sense, I sin. But when I turn and let the Holy Spirit of God back in, the condemnation evaporates. What a liberating reality to enjoy today.

Thank you Jesus for the gift of the Holy Spirit living in me. I again acknowledge this gift and embrace it. Spirit of the living God, Fall afresh on me.
Little Flower, please pray for me.





No comments: