Saturday, October 3, 2015

Contagious Joy

It was then that, filled with joy by the Holy Spirit, he said, ‘I bless you, Father, Lord of heaven and of earth, for hiding these things from the learned and the clever and revealing them to mere children. Yes, Father, for that is what it pleased you to do.
Lk.10:21

The seventy-two disciples have just returned from their missions trip filled with joy at the victories won in the name of Jesus. Their joy becomes the Holy Spirit's joy which in turn becomes Jesus' joy. Their joy was contagious.

The work of "mere children" fills God with joy. What did they do? They preached the Good News and confronted demons in Jesus' name. There is a power in performing what is essentially a very simple action; proclaiming Jesus.

How can I proclaim Jesus today? Being a person of love, peace and joy would be a good starting point.

Lord Jesus, I am sent into my missions trip today to confront demons and proclaim your love. Help me be a powerful witness that I may fill you with joy.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: