Thursday, September 24, 2015

Champagne Effect

So who is this I hear such reports about?’ And he was anxious to see Jesus. 
Lk.9:9

King Herod has heard reports about Jesus, reports that the people, his people, are flocking to him.  This worries Herod and makes him anxious.

Jesus has many affects on people, from indifference to unbounded joy. Jesus is unchanging but people's reaction to him is wide and varied. Jesus' affect on Herod was anxiety, seeing Jesus as a threat to his power and control of the population.

What is Jesus' affect on me? I would have to say my reaction varies depending on how close my relationship is with him. I can be distracted with Jesus when the world has my real attention.  But when I spend time with him, such as now, joy creeps into my bones. Oh yes... it's like champagne bubbles fizzing and popping inside of me. What a wonderful way to start my day!

Thank you Jesus for your "champagne effect" on my life today. Help me take that joy to the people I meet.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: