Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Authority

Jesus went down to Capernaum, a town in Galilee, and taught them on the sabbath. And his teaching made a deep impression on them because he spoke with authority. 
Lk.4:31

Jesus has begun his ministry and word about him starting to spread.  The greatest impression he is making is that he speaks with authority, an authority that even demons obey.

The world is hungry for strong, authoritative leadership.  It's as if there is a space before people always waiting for a leader to occupy.  I've experienced this at times when leading worship or acting as MC at a wedding.  People are relieved when there is a strong pair of hands on the steering wheel guiding things to a safe destination.

Jesus still provides this authoritative leadership. When I acknowledge him as my Lord, then things fall into place. No matter what is happening, all is well.

Thank you Jesus for being my "strong pair of hands". I walk into today knowing you are before me. What peace, what joy, what confidence you give me.

Saint Thomas Moore please pray for me.





No comments: