Wednesday, August 12, 2015

God is with Us

For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them."
Mt.18:20

Jesus has just outlined how to deal with sin in the Church.  In presenting the antidote to this very human of problems he gives a wonderful promise to encourage us to pray. "Where two or more pray in my name, I will be in the midst of them".

I have the wonderful privilege of hosting a men's prayer group each Monday morning. The "group" lately has only consisted of two of us. This Monday my regular partner emailed he was sick and unable to come. I was expecting a loan vigil until an irregular attendee arrived to join me. I was very grateful as I sensed that a quorum was established and the Lord was present.

I am not meant to be a Lone Ranger Christian. Jesus wants me to pray and not only pray alone but pray in a group.  There is a mystery to the power of "Church" that can only be explained by Jesus' promise given in today's Gospel. I'm looking forward to family prayer time tonight.

Thank you Jesus that you are Emanuel, God with us. 
Little Flower, please pray for us.



No comments: