Monday, July 20, 2015

Keep Still

Moses answered the people, ‘Have no fear! Stand firm, and you will see what the Lord will do to save you today: the Egyptians you see today, you will never see again. The Lord will do the fighting for you: you have only to keep still.’
Ex14:13,14

The Israelites have followed Moses and escaped Egypt. Pharaoh rallies his superior army and catches up with the Israelites in the wilderness. In their panic the Israelites turn on Moses and curse him. In the face of their unbelief Moses calls on them to have faith in God.

Great escapes can turn into great disasters.  The disaster can be the signpost to turn and get back on track or be the test to have faith and stay on course. The difference depends on the how the journey started. Was it from a prompt of God, as in Moses' case, or was the journey launched from my own fleshly ideas?

When God is the navigator, all I have to do is keep still, stand firm and God will do the fighting. What a relief!

Jesus, you know I am the Master Chef of half-baked ideas. Help me let you be the Master Chef of my life. Let me have the peace that comes from trusting in you... today.

Little Flower, please pray for me.


No comments: