Thursday, May 7, 2015

Complete Joy

If you keep my commandments you will remain in my love, just as I have kept my Father’s commandments and remain in his love. I have told you this so that my own joy may be in you and your joy be complete.
Jn.15:10,11

Jesus continues his final discourse to his disciples at the Last Supper. He reinforces the style of life the disciples are to live once he is gone, a life that fulfills the commandment to love. Why live this life? So their joy may be complete.

Complete joy. O how my heart longs for this. A joyous life is a life lived to the full. The disappointments, hurt, pain and fear of daily life cannot rob complete joy.

How to obtain this joy? Hear God's commandments and keep them. This places me under the love of Jesus and then my joy is complete.

Lord Jesus, help me hear your word and do it, that my joy may be complete.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: