Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Never Forgotten

For Zion was saying, ‘The Lord has abandoned me, the Lord has forgotten me.’ Does a woman forget her baby at the breast, or fail to cherish the son of her womb? Yet even if these forget, I will never forget you.
Is.49:14,15

Isaiah is prophesying the restoration of the people of Israel. Even when things look their bleakest, God says his people are never forgotten.

This is one of the verses that attracted me home to faith in God. I remember my first-time reading of the book of Isaiah, discovering this and the following verse; "See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands" Is.49:16. I was reduced to tears, realising that I wasn't just a random accident but a beloved son of God with my name engraved on his very hands. I began to perceive that I was loved by God and my whole world expanded. I began to see myself rightly.

This is good for me to revisit. Nothing has changed. I am still no less a beloved son of God my Father. When I accept this truth, peace and joy are mine... today.

Father in Heaven, thank you for loving me so much that you sent your one and only son to draw me back to you and your love. I place my trust in you.
Little Flower, please pray for me.

No comments: