Thursday, February 26, 2015

Ask Seek Knock

Jesus said to his disciples, ‘Ask, and it will be given to you; search, and you will find; knock, and the door will be opened to you. For the one who asks always receives; the one who searches always finds; the one who knocks will always have the door opened to him.
Mt.7:7,8

Jesus is continuing his great sermon on the mount, the blueprint for christian life. Here he emphasises that we have a God who is just waiting for us to reach out to him. Ask, seek, knock. These are all initiatives that must come from us. We only have to do them in faith.

Today's first reading from Esther shows a gutsy young woman who asks, seeks and knocks on behalf of the Jewish nation. We know the story. God answers her petitions spectacularly. What a great encouragement for me today, whatever my need.

Lord Jesus. I ask for courage today to do what is right before your eyes, to be the man you can be proud of today in all that I say and do. Most of all, give me the humility to ask, seek and knock a t your door.
Little Flower please pray for me.


No comments: