Friday, December 26, 2014

Submit and be Saved

You will be hated by all because of my name, but whoever endures to the end will be saved. Mt.10:22

Jesus warns his disciples that being a follower is not to be chosen for a popularity vote. In fact it incurs the opposite; persecution.

Being a Christian automatically invites opposition. Why? Because the Good News we proclaim invites, no, demands change.  Not everyone wants to change.

Often, I don't want to change. Change means putting my agenda aside, acknowledging that my agenda is not the best agenda. Sometimes it means acknowledging that my agenda is down-right sinful. All this is very counter-cultural.  The world says my agenda has a right to claim its space under the sun.  My faith says my agenda can only exist if it is under the Son.

Jesus adds that my very salvation is dependant on this submission. Yikes!

Lord Jesus, you know my struggle with Me. Help me submit to you joyfully, trusting in my promised salvation.
Mary, Mother of the infant Jesus, Mother of mine, pray for me.


No comments: